SUPERFICIALITY INDULGENCE GLAMOUR AND LUST. FOR HOLLYWOOD AT ITS BEST, CAMP AND KITSCH SUPREME. “Glamour is what I sell, it's my stock in trade.” MARLENE DIETRICH.

Monday, June 25, 2012

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS Pt 1: From my personal collection


MARLENE DIETRICH 'Ross' 1935 postcard. I love this because here my favorite actress looks impossibly perfect, like a doll. 
MY WAY OF LIFE by JOAN CRAWFORD (signed) 1972. This has to be the ultimate book by any star... like a bible on how to live really. 
CHARLY McCARTHY Little Big Book 1938 Rare and in perfect condition.... I love Charlie
Where would we be without the wit of Noel Coward? 
DICK DuBOIS is my favorite muscleman, and was the male lead in Mae West's Muscleman Revue
Big Jim brought many hours of pleasure to a little boy's life
My favorite comedy PILLOW TALK 1959 with Doris and Rock
I found this vintage cigarette bookmark in Paris.
CORGI TOYS in the 60's were fantastic fun, and our favorite TV or movie cars all came out as a CORGIE. I used to sneak in to see James Bond under age too. 
CORGI cars were quality all the way, even their catalogs had superb artwork. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was a great model car.
The BATMOBILE is my favorite car, all the toys here are ones I love.
BARBIE JUMBO TRADING CARDS are one of those rare items that you think you'll never own..but you eventually do, if you try hard enough. 
LADY PENELOPE COSMETICS my heart skips a beat when I see this again.
SHARI LEWIS WONDER BOOK Shari meant a lot to me as a child, and Lamb Chops was adorable
ZSA ZSA GABOR THE BOOK OF SEVEN SECRETS is impossible to find... and when you do, you can't believe it. 
DANDY STARCH...great box and graphics... great fun
CONSCRIT CIGAR BOX I found this in Paris....
NEW YORKS WORLD'S FAIR '64 PICTURE FLASH CARDS I love anything to do with The World's Fair or amusement parks
COLGATE SHAVING STICK 1930's I love old packaging
PHILIPS VALVES fist of energy THe graphics on this are great. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: