SUPERFICIALITY INDULGENCE GLAMOUR AND LUST. FOR HOLLYWOOD AT ITS BEST, CAMP AND KITSCH SUPREME. “Glamour is what I sell, it's my stock in trade.” MARLENE DIETRICH.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

ANN-MARGRET PHOTOS: GROUP 1

Ann-Margret is such a dynamic performer and star, that she is one person I regret not seeing live in concert. She still performs, so there is some hope. Personally I think she was very underrated. Today her movies and singing performances still seem magical, but for me, her TV specials are what I remember the most, especially her first '68 TV Special. If only these were released in full to dvd so a whole new generation could see what an all round entertainer she is. Of course in her later years, Miss Ann-Margret proved she could really act, as we all knew she could all along. And people still wonder, if she'd married Elvis, would things have been different. Of course, she wouldn't have had her career, and I don't think even she was strong enough to control Elvis. He did buy her a round bed, and their affair during Viva Las Vegas, makes that his best film.















No comments: